You wake up in a foggy haze with one hell of a headache. The way ahead is dark and foreboding. You remember who you are, but not a lick of how you got there. And to top it all off, you’ve got a persistent, bloodthirsty doppelgänger chasing after you.
Welcome to your coma – enjoy your stay!
SHE DREAMS ELSEWHERE is a surreal adventure JRPG about dreams and the extent to which they mirror reality. You play as Thalia Sullivan, a high strung, anxiety-ridden, comatose woman on a journey to defeat the nightmares preventing her awakening, while also finding out how exactly this mess happened in the first place.
Unfortunately, some nightmares are harder to confront than others…
- A deeply personal narrative with heavy themes and a rich personality of its own
- A surreal, visually-striking world brimming with mystery that begs you to explore its every detail
- An easy to learn, yet difficult to master turn-based battle system that pits you against a variety of nightmarish beings
- Customize your characters with the “Mask” and “Charm” systems, allowing for a wealth of different playstyles and battle strategies
- Status ailments that can be used and abused with every enemy, bosses included – but be warned; if you’re not careful, they can devastate you just as easily…
- Three difficulty modes for those who want to simply experience the story (Easy), face a true challenge (Normal) or have their limits pushed to the edge (Nightmare)
- Optional “New Game Plus” and “Developer Commentary” modes
- A original, ethereal soundtrack (composed by Mimi Page)
There’s a ton more to this game, but I ain’t huge a fan of spoilers, so I guess you’ll have to play it for yourself, yeah? (Won’t be too long now…right?)
Thanks for your interest in the game! You’re the best. Really.