You wake up in a foggy haze with one hell of a headache. The way ahead is dark and foreboding. You remember who you are, but not a lick of how you got there. And to top it all off, you’ve got a persistent, bloodthirsty doppelgänger chasing after you.
Welcome to your coma – enjoy your stay!
SHE DREAMS ELSEWHERE is a surreal adventure JRPG about dreams and the extent to which they mirror reality. You are Thalia Sullivan, a high strung, anxiety-ridden, comatose woman on a journey to defeat the nightmares preventing her awakening, while also finding out how exactly this mess happened in the first place.
Unfortunately, some nightmares are harder to confront than others…
- A deeply personal narrative with a thematic focus on emotions, mental illness and self-identity
- A surreal, visually-striking world brimming with mystery that begs you to explore its every detail
- An easy to learn, yet difficult to master turn-based battle system that pits you against a variety of nightmarish beings
- Customize your characters with the “Charm” system, allowing for a wealth of different playstyles and battle strategies
- Status ailments that can be used and abused with every enemy, bosses included – but be warned; if you’re not careful, they can devastate you just as easily…
- Connect and bond with a diverse cast of characters with their own intimate narratives via the “Connection” system
- Optional “New Game Plus” and “Developer Commentary” modes, plus various accessibility features
- A original, ethereal soundtrack composed by Mimi Page, supplemented with tracks by up-and-coming indie artists
There’s a ton more to this game, but I ain’t huge a fan of spoilers, so I guess you’ll have to play it for yourself, yeah? (Won’t be too long now…right?)
Thanks for your interest in the game! You’re the best. Really.